"This"

I don't know where to begin. First of all, I can't stand this. You ask what "this" is.

I'll tell you. "This" is sitting here all day, seeing you doing your thing, knowing that you said you never want to speak to me again.

"This" is watching you walk toward me, thinking you might have changed you mind, only to have you pass by without so much as even glancing in my direction.

"This" is knowing that you'll walk out of here at the end of the day, that I will have no idea where you will be, what you will do, and that an abyss of time will elapse before you walk back in here the next day.

"This"--or should I say, "these are"?-- the countless, uncountable hours during which my mind leaves me, and pursues you out the door, following you in an imaginative journey that leads nowhere, right back where I started, sitting here thinking about "this".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.