I realize this is the first post which is actually on topic for this blog. Haha. And you can tell how close I am to assignment deadline by the boliaoness of my posts.

If this weren't the internet, where you could find everything because google is your friend, I would ask, "Is monadnock a real word or not?". If I asked the question in a social context I'd wager I would recieve more NO responses than YES.

But. Apparently, a 'monadnock', also known as an inselberg (slightly more believable word) is an isolated hill, knob, ridge, or small mountain that rises abruptly from a gently sloping or virtually level surrounding plain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.