Norwegian Wood

I'd like to think I'm pretty well read, and I read a wide variety of literature and trash. But it's been quite some time since a book last captivated me like this one has. This, in question, is Norwegian Wood, by Haruki Murakami. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's almost impossible to put down. The plot isn't particularly exciting, nor is the writing particularly eloquent (plus, its translated out of -surprise surprise- Japanese)

Yet it is strangely captivating, and I find myself reading late into the night - something else I haven't done in quite some time, with the possible of exception of the Singapore Master Tax Guide - and stealing a couple of minutes to read a page here and there.

Read it if you haven't already done so. I got the book as a gift a while back (before exchange, to be precise) yet I didn't get down to reading it till now. Bah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.